usb drive

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 12:10:50 MST 2013

coooool. you know I was crying about my USB drive this weekend? Well, I
thought to myself that today would be a good day to throw it away. Well
thank goodness curiosity got my attention; I grabbed a pair of pliers and
broke the plastic housing. That left me with the metal housing. I was
looking at it wondering if I could take it apart further when I stood it up
and the  plastic inside just slid out. I look at it (I have magnifyin
vision)and it looks as if what they do is mold plastic around the circuitry
because all the plastic is, is a slab wich is 1/16" thick by 1" long with
no metal showing except 4 contacts one one end and 2 tiny contacts on the
other end (same side). Anyone know how I can take it apart further. I'm
thinking I coucd melt the plastic but am unsure. How hot should I turn the
oven up too?