format usb

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Sun Aug 25 16:38:34 MST 2013

Michael, I am no following the thread but:

BEFORE PLUGING IN THE DRIVE:
cp /proc/partitions /tmp/partitions

AFTER PLUGING IN THE DRIVE:
sdiff -s /proc/partitions /tmp/partitions

Whatever you see is your partition, then:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sd${YOUR_PARTITION_THAT_YOU_FOUND_ABOVE}

Then create a new partition (cfdisk) and mk2fs it.
YMMV...
ET