Samba - The bane of my existence EUREKA!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne Davis waydavis at centurylink.net
Thu Aug 22 22:55:15 MST 2013

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

IT FRIGGIN WORKS!

I had to do a bit more investigating, BUT at least you gave the
foundation Matt!   I thank EVERYONE involved.  It was a road to get
here, but HERE I AM.
THIS is what ultimately worked:

*sudo mount.cifs -o sec=ntlm,username=xxxx,password=xxxx
//<IPaddress>/SHARE /mnt/other*

If omit sudo, it needs to be in the fstab

I went back to the NAS and set it to "public".  Now I do not need the
USER/PASS so it is now:

*sudo mount.cifs -o sec=ntlm  //<IPaddress>/SHARE /mnt/other*

These things must use NT Lanmangler security protocols?

It wound up being SO simple and I knew it was...  Being CLUELESS SUCKS.

Matt, if you're ever up here in North Phoenix, let me buy you a beer or
3  (Cave Creek Rd /Union Hills area)   IF your old enough to do so of
course.... otherwise, its milk & cookies for you my friend, TOLL HOUSE,
not some cheap store-bought crap.

;-)

WOW, I,m am SOOOOOoooooooooooooooo  happy right now.