Samba - The bane of my existence

Eric Cope eric.cope at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 20:47:10 MST 2013

Can you share your smb.conf file? The password database Samba uses is not
necessarily the same as the the Linux passwords. I had to create a samba
user and password, but how you create the user and password depends on how
you define the backend in the conf file.

Also, I was on Redhat so I had to modify SELinux. I don't know how much
SELinux affects Debian-based systems (i.e. Ubuntu)

Eric