possible solution

Carruth, Rusty Rusty.Carruth at Smarth.com
Tue Aug 13 09:10:05 MST 2013

Ohh! Apic and lapic!  I had apic keep my computer from booting (or it died VERY soon after booting, I forget which).

So, yes, those can REALLY mess you up if your computer is sensitive to it.

(Note to self – next time someone is having trouble with lockups, ask them about apic and lapic!)

Gag – this is going to come from my NEW email address, which is still the same computer, company, and all that, but it’s a different domain now.  So it won’t get posted.

Oh, well.  Time to go fix my email address here on plug…

Rusty