Another reason the new sandbox is the virtual machine..... Bad Chrome disSecurity

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 12:06:06 MST 2013

I just did a very quick check of this, Chrome, FireFox and safari all have
this data stored in a reversible fashion on both Mac and Windows.

safari at least prompts you for the user login to show this data.

IE seems to not allow you to retrieve the password without 3rd party
utilities.

This certainly makes me review my personal choices of full dis centryption
and physical security of my computer.

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 11:41 AM, Ed <plug at 0x1b.com> wrote:

> http://blog.elliottkember.com/chromes-insane-password-security-strategy
>
> is Chrome the new attack vector to your stored passwords in other
> browsers? would a master password protect against this kind of slurp?
> Han's presentation at the last East Side PLUG meeting was really on
> point - thx

Stephen