mkfs

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Sun Aug 4 08:12:31 MST 2013

First question to answer is: Is the drive being detected?

Unplug the drive, wait a minute and do:
lsusb > /tmp/junk-lsusb-0.txt
cat /proc/partitions > /tmp/junk-partitions-0.txt

Now plug the drive, wait a minute and do:
lsusb > /tmp/junk-lsusb-1.txt
cat /proc/partitions > /tmp/junk-partitions-1.txt

Then
diff /tmp/junk-lsusb-?.txt

If you see at leas one line you are good, otherwise you are dead in the
water.

If you can see the device, then:
diff /tmp/junk-partitions-?.txt

That's your partition.
Depending on what you have (if you have) next steps are different.
YMMV...
ET