OT: (or is it) seeking app for a single file content search

reader subs at kexsof.com
Wed Apr 24 04:00:04 MST 2013

The simplest solution I can think of is just to use any available text
editor,
or MS Word or Libre Office writer.   You have the ability to search
as well as edit.  Dumping the results of all the entries that match a search
won't be easy, though.

The advantage is minimum or no work to view - not an idea solution but
usable.

Another possibility is to convert the file to a spreadsheet and use in
MS or Libre Office.  Adding or changing an entry is more difficult but
you can sort on a field or fields.

So those are the simple solutions for a GUI interface.

As you are probably well aware, no GUI solution will run as
quickly as your script in a terminal.

OTOH, there should be plenty of help in Phoenix with the
prospect of making a few bucks.

Jon Kettenhofen