OT: (or is it) seeking app for a single file content search

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 21:46:57 MST 2013

For something very simple and cross platform, you might consider using
zenity:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zenity

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 7:42 PM, Kevin Brown <kevinbrownbdc at gmail.com>wrote:

>  That it might, be easier to learn that is, but I still don't get python's
> paradigm of using whitespace to control structure. It's caused me nothing
> but headaches when trying to use other code snippets. Where as languages
> like Perl, C, etc..., I can just copy and paste whole blocks into my code.
>

>> This may start a holy war but it may be easier to learn python than perl
>>
>> On Apr 23, 2013 7:31 PM, <joe at actionline.com <mailto:joe at actionline.com>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>     Kevin wrote:
>>     > You could build something pretty easily using Perl with either
>>     > Wx or Tk as the GUI interface. Then create the entry fields that
>>     > you want (search, add, edit, etc...). Great thing is, then you
>>     > could make them work together with the same dataset (your txt file).
>>
>>     Thanks Kevin ... Since I don't know Perl (and I don't know what
>>     either "Wx" or "Tk" is),  I'd be glad to pay someone to build
>>     this for me.  Might you be interested?  Or, if not, where could
>>     I look to find someone to build this?
>>
>>     Any takers please reply either on list or off list:
>>
>>     Joe at Actionline.com

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy). Remove addresses
from a forwarded message body before clicking Send.