I'm Attending Defcon this August, advice?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Thu Apr 18 17:04:14 MST 2013

Am 18. Apr, 2013 schwätzte Phil Waclawski so:

moin moin,

> Any suggestions of what VPN to use? One that I can set up or a cheap one I

The original vpn: ssh

:)

> can use? And is a VPN really enough to protect you? Some of the best
> crackers in the world go to this event, and I really can live without
> internet if it's the only way to keep my identity from being stolen :)

You could use a burn shell account with one time passwords. Then it's a
matter of how many layers you want before getting to your real services.

Alternatively, you could setup a burn mail account and use filters to only
send truly need to see stuff to it. Bonus for gpg encrypting it.

Make sure to list your access point's SSID as "FBI" because no one will
bother that ;-).

Or try this:

http://shkspr.mobi/blog/2013/03/howto-make-a-doctor-who-bells-of-st-john-style-wifi-name/

ciao,

der.hans
#  I'm not anti-social, I'm pro-individual. - der.hans