reiserfs reliability

Paul Mooring paul at opscode.com
Tue Apr 16 10:02:00 MST 2013

I used to swear by it for file servers.  One time I got some data corruption that couldn't be recovered (still not sure if it was reiserfs or mdadm to blame) but all the same I moved off of it for ext4 and sometimes xfs as work had mostly stopped on reiserfs anyhow.  My recommendation would probably be unless you really need to squeeze a whole lot of performance out of a file system with a whole lot of small files, there's not really enough gains to give up the (admittedly slight) stability gains of ext4.
--
Paul Mooring
Systems Engineer and Customer Advocate

www.opscode.com