mail from root

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Fri Apr 12 13:12:33 MST 2013

Tried this on the rkhunter list and got only one reply of marginal
usefulness. So........I'll try it here.

Running a desktop pc and a Lenovo laptop, both running Debian 6 and
rkhunter 1.3.6-4. On the desk top I get daily mail from root showing 2
false positives. On the laptop I get no daily mail. Thinking I had
missed something in the rkhunter.conf file I copied the one from the
desktop. No joy. Any ideas/pointers appreciated.

Note: I said I copied the rkhunter.conf from the pc, where I was getting
mail from root, to the laptop. They are, therefore, identical.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Bob Holtzman
If you think you're getting free lunch,