What is the most efficient way to convert a .wmv video?

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Sat Apr 6 17:28:11 MST 2013

It sounds like when you do an upgrade, it is replacing libraries as such
like you would expect, but you aren't logging out and back in to make
sure your running software is using all the new stuff, so you are
getting strange/broken behavior.

I'm guessing that firefox was leaving at least one process open.  It
might have even been semi crashed in the background, that was keeping
the new version from starting up, and with part of it's brains torn out
it wasn't allowing certain things to work correctly.  After the reboot
everything was running with the new code, so the problem went away.

Brian Cluff