SSDs

Alan Dayley adayley at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 14:05:17 MST 2013

An SSD from a well known manufacturer will last longer and be faster than
any rotating hard drive. The controllers and firmware in the drive are
designed to compensate for wear-out problems. Buy something from Intel,
Samsung, OCZ or STEC and you will be just fine.

(I was a firmware engineer for an SSD company for 11.9 years. I don't have
time right now to give a detailed answer. Just trust me. ;-) )

Alan