Home Office Server Security

Paul Mooring paul at opscode.com
Tue Apr 2 09:11:05 MST 2013

Not really, encrypting data has overhead in terms of CPU:

Benchmarks are generally awful as you care about real world impact (like
it use to take .3 seconds now it takes .5) and benchmarks are the quickest
route to getting hung up on theoretical numbers rather than worthwhile
metrics.  That being said, here's one anyway:

http://dentarg.it64.com/content/luks-ext4-performance

--
Paul Mooring
Systems Engineer and Customer Advocate