google voice exception

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Apr 1 23:26:58 MST 2013

Am 28. Mar, 2013 schwätzte Ed so:

moin moin,

> I would look at the phone service and not Google. Is you phone

Yeah, Sprint was hosed. Two weeks of a variety of crap from Sprint :(.

> configured to dial out through Google Voice and not it's natural
> number? If so, the auto-forward set up with your phone company is what
> needs changing.

Yeah, but I was hoping there was a '*89' ( or whatever the land line
number is for blocking outgoing caller ID ) option that would turn off the
auto-forward for a call.

The point of having two numbers is to be able to use them :).

> Unless you initiate the call from the Google website/gadget which
> gives you a choice before it makes both of the calls - to your phone,
> and to the person you are calling. If you don't want the default,
> there is a dropdownlist of all the lines associated with your Google
> Voice account to select from before hitting the "Call" button.

Not going to the website to make calls, trying to use the phone as a,
*gasp*, phone ;-). Well, as a dynamically configured phone :).

ciao,

der.hans
#  "So the environment is not a luxury ... It is an economically important
#  insurance policy whose wisdom we ignore at our peril."
#  -- Klaus Toepfer, U.N. environment agency Executive Director