OT: wireless problem

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Fri Sep 21 23:40:06 MST 2012

> Are you connected to the right wireless ssid?  Did you mean
> to connect to upquick instead of the one on the top?

"upquick" is the name I gave to my network, and I've entered the
security word/passcode that I assigned for it.  It works fine on my
other wireless computers and devices and has 5 bars signal strength.

That other wireless item, MSKG, keeps forcing itself to the top
listing, which seems very strange, and it automatically connects
every time, but won't work without a password, which I don't have.
It shows only 2 or 3 bars signal strength, so I can't understand
why it keeps showing up.  I've tried to delete it, but haven't
been able to. Something seems fishy about it.

And, as I've said, when I boot into kubuntu Linux on the same
computer, I can connect to my 'upquick' network just fine.

That suggests to me that there is nothing wrong with the computer
hardware or D-Link wireless adaptor, but something seems to be
messed up with the win-xp OS.  Could this be caused by a virus?