OT: win-xp wireless problem

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Thu Sep 20 17:48:34 MST 2012

win xp with D-link AirPlus G DWL-G122 wireless adaptor

Wireless Netowrk Connection 2 is now connected
Connected to: MSKG - Signal Strength: Good ...
(Apparently a neighbor's router that needs a security key
(that I do not have) to login.)

Under "Choose a wireless network, I see my ssid, to which
I try to connect, but get this message: "Windows is unable
to connect to the selected network. The network may not be
in range. Refresh list of available networks and try again.

But I am in range and can login with my laptop just fine,.

Until recently, I have been able to connect with this
computer, but something has gone awry.

What steps should I take to analyze and correct this problem?

Please see the following link where I will maintain a log
of steps that I have taken and the results.

http://www.upquick.com/wireless/