Minimum ram for kubuntu?

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Wed Sep 19 20:10:15 MST 2012

512M is about the minimum that I would try and use.  It will work, but
you will find that most modern browsers will tend to eat all that RAM up
immediately.  The machine is going to swap a lot.  You would be much
better off with 1G or more if possible.
The biggest problem is that old RAM costs a LOT more than the newer
types of RAM on the market and often times a small RAM upgrade on an
older machine will exceed the worth of the machine.
If Stephen can find some RAM for this machine I would jump on it.  I'll
bet it feels like a brand new machine with a decent amount of RAM in it.

Brian Cluff