System crash - now shows "no space on device"

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Tue Sep 4 10:50:26 MST 2012

Rusty also wrote: "The third relies on google-fu." -- What is that?

> Your SNMP (simple network management protocol) daemon is complaining
> ... get SNMP to stop complaining and your log will be smaller.

I googled for info on how to stop these messages, but nothing that I found
makes any sense to me. It's all way over my head. No wonder ordinary
people can't cope with Linux.

Until these recent problems arose, my system normally ran 24x7 and I
rarely needed to reboot.