mass rename help

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 18:21:40 MST 2012

I have a bunch of files named "meetthegimp=mobile999.mp4" where 999 is any
3 digit number.  I want to rename them all to be
"meetthegimp999-mobile.mp4".

Can anyone give me a mv or rename command to do them all in one fell
swoop?  I could probably figure one out but it would take more time due to
having to make test cases and doing trial and error than just asking you
folks.  Thanks in advance.

--
Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, always use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy) and not To: or
CC:. Remove all addresses from the message body before sending a Forwarded
message. This can prevent spy programs capturing addresses from the
recipient list and message body.