Samba/FTP slow write fast read

George Toft george at georgetoft.com
Sat Oct 27 22:07:45 MST 2012

Further investigation shows it's not FTP nor samba.  It's Windows 7
(which I used for Windows file and FTP).  Using smbclient on a Linux box
I get 19MB/sec and FTP from Linux I get 32MB/sec.  Concurrent with
replacing the old file server was the purchase of a new PC.  I guess we
know what XP does better than Windows 7.

Regards,

George Toft