Chase access w/ linux

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Tue Oct 23 12:20:47 MST 2012

From: Robert Holtzman
>> Any extensions that might be doing weird things?  I have to set NoScript
>> allow chase.com to execute JS--no JS, no accounts page and probably no
login.
> As I said, I tried safe mode. Same problem.

Is "safe mode" something in $BROWSER that turns all the extensions off?  If
that's available in FF 10.0.8 ESR, I'm not sure where it is.  If it turns JS
off too, that would cause stupidity.  https://mfasa.chase.com/auth/login.html
, the action= attr of the login form, contains a few screenfuls of JS and some
sort of Flash thing.  It does not seem to be necessary for the Flash thing to
play; I have Flashblock up and I can still log in.  There are comments in the
JS within that about problems with IE9 and cross-window messages--don't know
if that has anything to do with the problem you're having.

>> Going to https://mfasa.chase.com/ in a browser gives me 1 line of cryptic
>> diagnostic/monitoring text.
> "Prod Core LPAR, cigp01b4a002 Auth2 Web "

I get something similar.  Different hex string, possibly.

So:  You can retrieve the front page from mfasa.chase.com, but another page
somewhere else on that machine is timing out and/or failing miserably.  You
may have to track that down.  I've also noticed that if I've had an FF session
going for more than a few days, JS-heavy things may stop working or fail
unpredictably.  Restarting FF seems to help.  You've probably already tried
that though....

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows