The Great Shared Directory Dilemma

George Toft george at georgetoft.com
Sat Oct 20 22:47:02 MST 2012

Once you get Windows 7 mounting your samba share, you'll have to make
the following registry mod or suffer a ton of samba errors in
/var/log/messages:
Registry change for Samba
     Ref: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954387
     1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then
click OK.
     2. Locate and then click the following subkey:
         HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
     3. In the details pane, double-click LMCompatibilityLevel (or
create it)
     4. In the Value data box, enter 2.
     5. Exit Registry Editor.

Cheers!