The Great Shared Directory Dilemma

Kevin Fries kevin at fries-biro.com
Thu Oct 18 08:05:29 MST 2012

Old habits die hard, cifs is what I ment.  I find SMB/CIFS to be more
reliable than NFS.  Spent far too often fixing Stale NFS handles, but
almost never a crashed Samba server.   NFS4 is much better than NFS3, but
still crashes far too often for my liking.

Speed for stability... age old argument huh?

Kevin