gimp 2.8

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 09:15:09 MST 2012

Why do you always do things the hard way and seem not to bother researching
your question?  Try doing a google search on "gimp 2.8 mint" (without the
quotes) and you will get lots of hits.  If you do want to compile it look
at
http://www.noobslab.com/2012/08/install-latest-gimp-282-in-ubuntu.html

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Michael Havens <bmike1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> okay.... I want to install gimp 2.8 (I run mint... not ubuntu). I ran
> configure and it hung saying babl isn't installed. I go to a webpage and it
> says that it is kept in a git repository. HOw do I install it into the
> directory it is supposed to be installed in? hmmmmm.... i just ran 'find
> bal|grep babl' and found where babl is installed is installed. How do I
> tell it to do what I need to tell it?

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, always use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy) and not To: or
CC:. Remove all addresses from the message body before sending a Forwarded
message. This can prevent spy programs capturing addresses from the
recipient list and message body.