O.T. Hostgator Registrar

AZ Pete plug at cactusfamily.com
Sat Oct 6 08:51:37 MST 2012

Hi All,

I'm am currently using HostGator for business VPS service as well as my personal websites on a shared hosting plan. I am very happy with there service. The customer support is excellent (and based in TX).  I haven't used them for domain management or as a registrar, however.

I use GoDaddy as my registrar and think that their domain management is the best I've ever worked with. However, I had my business VPS and personal shared box hosted there and moved over to Hostgator because of GoDaddy's exceptionally poor performance and support of the VPS. GoDaddy also overloads their shared boxes with far too many sites - to the point very poor server performance (full disclosure: I used to work for GoDaddy as a SQL Server DBA).

just my 2 cents.
Peter