Job Night @ Stammtisch

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Oct 3 00:52:39 MST 2012

moin moin,

We're trying something new and will have our first themed Stammtisch
event.

http://www.LuftHans.com/node/5689

The Free Software Stammtisch is hosting a job night at this coming east
valley event on Tuesday, 2012Oct16. The goal is to bring in engineers and
managers from groups that are hiring in addition to job seekers and
recruiters. For technical positions it's much better to talk directly to
the team that is hiring. Job Night @ Stammtisch is geek networking for
finding the right person to join your team or to find the right team to
join.

As this is geek networking in Arizona, suits are inappropriate. Sure,
dress for success, but remember that the Stammtisch is a casual setting.

Free Software system administrators ( GNU/Linux, *BSD ) and developers (
Perl, C, Python, Ruby, Java, C++, etc ) are in high demand.

http://h30565.www3.hp.com/t5/Feature-Articles/Linux-It-s-Where-the-Jobs-Are/ba-p/7402

Due to the high demand companies are having trouble finding good
candidates. One way for them to find good candidates is to go where the
candidates are. Companies and their engineers should participate in local
group mailing lists and events. They should also go to conferences such as
SCaLE.

Job Night will run from 19:00 to 20:00, but everyone is welcome to hang
out for the rest of Stammtisch if they'd like.

Iguana Macks is a commercial restaurant. The Stammtisch is a social event.
There is no obligation to buy something, but we will *NOT* be providing no
cost food or drinks. If you want something order it and pay for it :).

Job Night @ Stammtisch
Tuesday, 2012Oct16
19:00 - 20:00

Iguana Macks
371 N. Alma School Rd
Chandler, AZ 85224

http://www.IguanaMacks.com/
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?&q=iguana+macks+chandler+arizona&hl=en&cd=1&cad=src:pplink

ciao,

der.hans
#  Passwords are like underwear. You don't share them, you don't hang them on
#  your monitor, or under your keyboard, you don't email them, or put them on
#  a web site, and you must change them very often. -- Unknown