ssh confusion

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 17:26:25 MST 2012

Interesting.  I deleted entry 8 and then ssh'd to lapdog0 with no
complaint.  Logged out, rebooted that machine to Mint and then ssh'd into
lapdog1 and that complained about then new entry 23 for lapdog0.

It appears that ssh will make an entry in known_hosts for each IP and
something (host name, kernel, tennis ball) combination, but only complains
about the 1st mis-match it finds.  Whatever the "something" is is not clear
as I got no complaint after deleting entry 8 (from the lapdog2 days) and
sshing in to lapdog0.  Puzzling.