gimp

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 12:35:54 MST 2012

I took a picture of the moon last night and this morning I opened it up in
Gimp. The image is pixelated  (it looks like a diamond). Now this has
happened before with previous pictures of the moon that were taken and I
figured it was because of the low-light conditions; however, I didn't use
'open-with' gimp initially  and so the default (photiva) opened it and the
picture was nice and round with craters nicely defined  (it was just blurry
when I zoomed in because I didn't use a tripod). I assume this is because
there is a setting askew in Gimp that I can't find. Can someone help me
find it?