chrome and passwords

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Mon Nov 26 17:22:43 MST 2012

You might have cleared them from the system keyring or forgotten to unlock the system keyring.  Starting about 18 months back, Chrome (and Chromium) use the system keyring to store all passwords.  Sometimes a password reset will cause the system keyring to be lost, other times you just forget to unlock the keyring on login (again, usually due to a password change).