Quake 4

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Tue Nov 20 19:06:38 MST 2012

Yes, I picked up the linux Quake 4 iso via torrent, whereupon I got a
License key (which we linux users usually have to get from an XP purchased
Instruction Book) [that didn't work] and all the pk4 files (which we linux
gamers usually have to copy from the windows XP CD/DVDs.

I used the license key from a used game I purchased at a local Bookmans,
and the pk4 files (since my disks had corruption) and got it running
happily with my nVidia card.

It's really nice, especially in server mode.  The best parts of Quake are
the cheat codes that allow you to dink around without really getting killed
all the time.

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Brian Cluff <brian at snaptek.com> wrote:

> I payed it all the way through a few years ago when it was new, but I
> don't think i even have it currently installed.  I was thinking about it
> though since it really did enjoy that one and it's been long enough that it
> would be like player a whole new game.
>
> The most recent game that I purchased was Alice: Madness Returns, but it's
> a windows game.  The only reason I got it was that people were claiming
> that it ran well under wine, but so far I've had no luck at all.  So I
> won't be playing that one until wine does run it.
>
> Brian
>

> On 11/20/2012 04:49 PM, Lisa Kachold wrote:
>
>> Anyone playing Quake4 under Linux?
>>

>> --
>>

>> (503) 754-4452 Android
>> (623) 239-3392 Skype