How to clear memory?

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Tue Nov 20 14:04:22 MST 2012

I've been running firefox/noscript/adblockplus plugins for years early
2k's with win/lin and chrome|chromium/notscript/adblockplus/ghostery
extensions with linux now for good success to prevent scripting havoc.
Rogue scripting, flash starting indiscriminately, and even just
controlling tracking are simply necessary to keep the various
evil-doers, and even worse marketing entities at bay - noscript does
this by default.

You'd be amazed how many tracking entities you hit on some popular
pages, all trying to cram themselves into your browser for bad things.
It's usually a test of just how much I like a website if I end up having
to enable 8 different script domains for content (more common than not),
but quite telling who's screwing you.

Learn to whitelist temporarily only what you use with
noscript|notscript, your pc experience will be happier for it.  Rest is
gravy - just install them.  Chrome is a pig for memory, might watch just
how much active vs. inactive memory each sub process of it is consuming
at any one time.

-mb