youtube-dl

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 16:04:03 MST 2012

Mine shows the same copyright test although the package I got this am from
the ubuntu software center installed
/var/cache/apt/archives/youtube-dl_2012.02.27-1_all.deb.  I get the same
result as Michael although I can certainly play the video directly from the
link included in the command line.

Mike, most programs have an option to display the version.  According to
the youtube-dl man page it should be -v but it does not work.  It reacts as
if you have provided wrong or insufficient parameters.  I would say maybe
look for a different package to download youtube videos which have better
or more uptodate maintenance.  Another option is to volunteer to help with
the maintenance and/or documentation.

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 9:48 AM, Michael Havens <bmike1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> i just tried apt-get and it says my version is current. As for the version
> I'm not sure how to look that up. I did 'locate youtube-dl' and the only
> thing that might tell me is:
>
>    /usr/share/doc/youtube-dl/copyright
>
> This is what that file says:
>
> This package was debianized by Robert S. Edmonds <edmonds at debian.org> on
> Sun,  3 Sep 2006 19:43:27 -0400.
>
> The current maintainer is Rogério Brito <rbrito at ime.usp.br>.
>
> It was downloaded from:
>
> http://bitbucket.org/rg3/youtube-dl/raw/2010.04.04/youtube-dl
>
> Authors:
>
>     * Ricardo Garcia Gonzalez: program core, YouTube.com InfoExtractor,
>       metacafe.com InfoExtractor and YouTube playlist InfoExtractor.
>     * Danny Colligan: YouTube search InfoExtractor, ideas and patches.
>     * Many other people contributing patches, code, ideas and kind
> messages.
>       Too many to be listed here. You know who you are. Thank you very
> much.
>
> Copyright © 2006-2010 Ricardo Garcia Gonzalez
>
> License:
>
>     The program is in the Public Domain.
>
>     The packaging is licensed under the GNU GPL License:
>
>         Copyright © 2006, Robert S. Edmonds <edmonds at debian.org>.
>         Copyright © 2009-2012, Rogério Brito <rbrito at ime.usp.br>.
>
> For the text of the GPL License in a Debian system, please see
> `/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2'.
>

> :-)~MIKE~(-:
>

> On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Carruth, Rusty <
> Rusty.Carruth at smartstoragesys.com> wrote:
>
>> Mike - what version of youtube-dl are you using?****
>>
>> Lisa - same question.****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> That’s my guess as to why it works for her and not for you.  I’m assuming
>> neither of you have anything ‘weird’ in your network setup…****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> ** **

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, always use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy) and not To: or
CC:. Remove all addresses from the message body before sending a Forwarded
message. This can prevent spy programs capturing addresses from the
recipient list and message body.