OT: How to attach an image as a link?

Ed plug at 0x1b.com
Sat Nov 10 11:31:08 MST 2012

Joe - you want to sent HTML email - embed (not attach) the image like
any website and then add the link - make sure to add some javascript
just for fun too (just kidding)

make sure your email works in a text only world too - many, including
myself consider HTML email an abomination/security problem and
routinely have email servers strip that crap off at the front door -
others dump the whole email into the spam box.

it would be a shame to spend all this time designing the email, just
to make it undeliverable - you might consider attaching your card as a
vCard, that would be more useful.

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 10:36 AM,  <joe at actionline.com> wrote:
> How can I attach a business card image to an email message as a link
> so that a recipient can click on the image to go to the corresponding
> web page?
>
> Click the link below to see a screen-shot example with an attached
> image; but in this example, the image is (not clickable):
>
> - - - http://www.upquick.com/temp/cardlink.jpg - - -
>
> What html code would be needed to make the attachment clickable?

attachments aren't clickable, embedded images ....

argh! I can't believe I'm enabling this.... just attach a vCard, that
would actually be useful