libre office problem

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Thu May 10 15:40:59 MST 2012

Hi Michael,

Do you see any lock files:

# ls -al ~/*.lock

This locking mechanism is more complex than Word or OpenOffice for .doc
files - which are basically treated in a more secure format within the
Linux system. Within the lock file is the name of another file that also
must be deleted if you have in fact a locked document.

Reference:
http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/applications/462850-problem-unlocking-libreoffice-locked-files.html

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 3:06 PM, Michael Havens <bmike1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a small problem, I 've been running rsync with no problem but I
> just tried to open a libre office doc on the remote computer and the first
> error I get is that the docuent needs to be recovered. So I click ' start
> recovery' and the next error I get is that the document isw locked for
> editing and that the remote computer has it open.... I think I figured it
> out.... I had the document open when I was editing it. Let's see if that is
> the problem. I guess I'm not so smert after all. It will let me open a copy
> but not edit the actual file. I'm sure that somebody on here knows why it
> is doing this. Would that person care to enlighten me and tell me.... how
> do I fix this.
>
> --

(503) 754-4452 Android
(623) 239-3392 Skype