ubuntu 12.04 x64 i386 ssl bug

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Tue May 8 13:17:03 MST 2012

Curious, I had the same experience in futility trying to install :i386
packages for certain software on x64 as well in 12.04, resulting in a
quite broken dpkg dependency tree.  Glad/sad to know it's not only me.

Now I get to watch update manager popups every day telling me how
screwed I am with unresolvable errors.  Gee thanks, good thing I don't
need to install new software or updates, or simply don't dare as often
the case anymore.

-mb