network issue blocks svn code pull?

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Fri Mar 30 18:28:42 MST 2012

Hi Steven:

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Steven A. DuChene <
linux-clusters at mindspring.com> wrote:

> I am attempting to pull some code from an open source on-line repository.
> When I issue the svn checkout command it just hangs for a long time and
> then finally times out with an error message about being unable to connect
> to the remote host. I have been given the svn link by one of the project
> developers so I am fairly certain it is correct but so far I have been
> unable to pull the code I need. I have tried pulling code from other svn
> on-line repositories and those seemed to work just fine.
>
> Can anyone lese try the following svn checkout command and let me know if
> it works for you?
>
> svn co svn://clusterresources.com/torque/branches/4.0-fixes

Just to check out the port 80 connections and we see a re-write to:
http://www.adaptivecomputing.com/products/open-source/torque/

I really don't see an svn ports open:

sh-3.2# nmap -PN clusterresources.com

Starting Nmap 5.00 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2012-03-30 18:03 MST
Interesting ports on mail.adaptivecomputing.com (204.15.87.226):
Not shown: 995 filtered ports
PORT     STATE  SERVICE
20/tcp   closed ftp-data
21/tcp   open   ftp
22/tcp   open   ssh
80/tcp   open   http
8443/tcp open   https-alt

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 69.46 seconds

sh-3.2# nmap -PN www.clusterresources.com

Starting Nmap 5.00 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2012-03-30 18:08 MST
Interesting ports on mail.adaptivecomputing.com (204.15.87.227):
Not shown: 994 filtered ports
PORT     STATE  SERVICE
22/tcp   open   ssh
80/tcp   open   http
443/tcp  open   https
3306/tcp open   mysql
5001/tcp closed commplex-link
8443/tcp open   https-alt

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 44.43 seconds

svn             3690/udp    # Subversion
svn             3690/tcp    # Subversion
sh-3.2# svn
Type 'svn help' for usage.
sh-3.2# svn list svn://clusterresources.com/torque/

svn: Can't connect to host 'clusterresources.com': Operation timed out
sh-3.2# svn info svn://svn.clusterresources.com/torque
svn: Can't connect to host 'svn.clusterresources.com': Operation timed out
sh-3.2# ipfw list
65535 allow ip from any to any
sh-3.2#

According to this:
http://www.clusterresources.com/torquedocs21/1.1installation.shtml
that's the right url:

You might email  Justin Pratt  pratt at
eecs.utk.edu<http://www.supercluster.org/mailman/listinfo/torqueusers>
Or join the TorqueUsersList:

> I even tried just a simple svn list command instead of a checkout and still
> I got the same result. It hangs for some period of time and then finally
> times out with an error about not being able to connect to the remote host.
> --
> Steven DuChene

(503) 754-4452 Android
(623) 239-3392 Skype