Dell linux laptops

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Thu Mar 29 19:52:54 MST 2012

Yeah, you avoid unity then (or can).  :)

Just the fact that they have it working means whatever linux will
probably still run across the vostro line whether it ships with or not.
  Post circa 2008 I don't think they bother with separate hardware
packages, rather just push support upstream into source, or build the
bios support not to suck (ahem, wish hp would do as they do) so should
be good to go.

My wife runs an i3 on her system, plenty good for most things I think,
though the 2gb of ram is a bit sparse.  You can guy 8gb of ram for 20
bucks these days.

-mb