Disk Space Inaccuracy

Andrew Harris tuna at supertunaman.com
Tue Mar 27 12:58:10 MST 2012

> We have contacted the hosting provider about this and are told it appears to
> be an issue with the disk quota and that a reboot will fix it. A reboot does
> seem to fix the issue for a short time but does not seem to be the root
> cause. Each contact with the hosting provider returns the same results.

Wow, what hosting company is this? Is it run by the guys from the IT
Crowd ("have you tried turning it off and on again?")?

+1 to Matt Graham's reply. I've noticed this quite often at work. If
you don't do a graceful restart so it closes the files after you
unlink them, the OS will still show the disk space as used.