attach XP computer to network fror printing

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 02:04:01 MST 2012

I was just making it identical to the Mint computer but it still didn't
make it print. I'm looking through iptanles man-page amd wsd thinkimg that
perhaps I should put in a 'persistent' rule or a '--to-destination rule?
 OKAY.... disable iptables.... how is that done? I can't find it in the
manpage nor does anything I try work (iptables disable.....).

how do I delete the ufw rules that were inserted into theptable when I was
playing with it? Well I know you iptable -D <rule number> but it isn't
working.
bmike1 at Michaels-PC:~$ sudo iptables -D output 24 25 26 27 28 29
Bad argument `25'
Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.
bmike1 at Michaels-PC:~$

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
num  target     prot opt source               destination
1    AS0_OUT_LOCAL  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
2    ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
3    DROP       all  --  base/8               anywhere
4    DROP       all  --  anywhere             base/8
5    DROP       all  --  255.255.255.255      anywhere
6    DROP       all  --  anywhere             0.0.0.0
7    DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere            state
INVALID
8    ACCEPT     tcp  --  192.168.0.3          qwestmodem.domain.actdsltmp
tcp dpt:domain
9    ACCEPT     udp  --  192.168.0.3          qwestmodem.domain.actdsltmp
udp dpt:domain
10   ACCEPT     tcp  --  192.168.0.3          resolver.qwest.net  tcp
dpt:domain
11   ACCEPT     udp  --  192.168.0.3          resolver.qwest.net  udp
dpt:domain
12   ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
13   DROP       all  --  base/8               anywhere
14   DROP       all  --  anywhere             base/8
15   DROP       all  --  255.255.255.255      anywhere
16   DROP       all  --  anywhere             0.0.0.0
17   DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere            state
INVALID
18   OUTBOUND   all  --  anywhere             anywhere
19   OUTBOUND   all  --  anywhere             anywhere
20   LOG_FILTER  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
21   LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere            LOG level
info prefix `Unknown Output'
22   LOG_FILTER  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
23   LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere            LOG level
info prefix `Unknown Output'
24   ufw-before-logging-output  all  --  anywhere
anywhere
25   ufw-before-output  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
26   ufw-after-output  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
27   ufw-after-logging-output  all  --  anywhere
anywhere
28   ufw-reject-output  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
29   ufw-track-output  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

I need to go to bed now.
Goodnight!