attach XP computer to network fror printing

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 18:50:54 MST 2012

okay.... I enabled the guest account but that didn't improve the situation
any. I checked localhost:631 and the printer is listed. (weird thing, from
the laptop it is listed as a different model. It works so I don't really
care)

====
1) As you initially asked, your XP account name was changed.  Please refer
to the enabling of the guest account HowTo in:
http://unixwiz.net/techtips/samba-xp-printing.html  NOTE: I am assuming
that these machines are protected inside your network, since it's usually a
BAD IDEA to enable the guest account otherwise.  Verify your WORKGROUP and
NetBIOS name in XP.

Please, then, attempt to connect from XP and tail the log and see what
Samba is whining about?

====
 Not sure of the logs name. Can you help me out? I also don't know about
the net
--