attach XP computer to network.

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 23:13:34 MST 2012

well....I ran apt-get install samba but was told the samba that was
installed was the most recent version.
then I restarted smbd and nmbd but it still refuses to print.
then I tried reloading the smbd/nmbd service (probably different way to do
what I already did) with the same result.... no printing.

Hey.... I was instructed to add or modify the user in  /etc/samba/smb.conf
but I'm not sure how you mean to do that. The user name that I deleted
wasn't in the file so I don't know what to modify. The new user name is
'MarksPlace'. so would I just add these lines to the .conf file??

     [MarksPlace]
     comment = ????
     path = ????
     valid users = MarksPlace
     public = yes
     writable = yes

is comment whatever I want to say?
Is path the path on the ubuntu machine where I want it to store or write
whatever it needs to store or write?