Dropbox popped

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Tue Jul 31 21:08:50 MST 2012

It's them, as a consumer organization, trying to walk the line around
convenience.  Same as some organizations *still* do not enforce
auto-password locks on workstations because some grumpy executive
doesn't want to remember a password.  Blizzard eventually had to do
dual-factor when warcrack accounts/items became profitable to sell, and
others just to keep from becoming a scandal from lazy users.

I enforce mostly the same standards at home I would at work, but sadly
naive companies treat their data just the opposite - not someone I would
do business with.  No proprietary/pii data should live outside a
firewall.  You'd think they'd at least hold employee accounts to a
complexity standard, but that assumes they just didn't use the same pass
everywhere and it got lifted externally.  This is common these days.

So yeah, dual-factor externally where possible.  And don't use mschap v2
to send it (lots of enterprise wifi does).  ;)

http://erratasec.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-tldr-version-of-moxies-mschapv2.html

-mb