networking down

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Sun Jul 22 02:45:00 MST 2012

Any chance you put the computer to sleep and the battery ran out, or it
wasn't allowed to come out of sleep properly for some other reason such
as crashed on wakup.

The reason I ask is that there was/is (I think it's been fixed in newer
releases though) a bug in network-manager that if your computer wasn't
let out of sleep properly that it would turn off the networking and it
make it extremely difficult to get it turned back on.

If this is what happened, simply delete this file and reboot:
/var/lib/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.state

It's safe to delete that file no matter what, it will be recreated and
hopefully if that is what was wrong all the "fixes" didn't break the
networking more. :)

Brian Cluff