Puzzling dead.letter file.

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Wed Jul 18 15:03:22 MST 2012

Help!

Today, I discovered the following file in my system's top '/' directory:

-rw-------   1 root  3428016 Mar 06 04:06 dead.letter

This file contains 71,756 lines and 3,428,016 chars with dated entries
every day between June 10, 2010 and March 6, 2012.  Some days have only
one date entry. Some have 2, 3, or 4 date entries with the same date.

It seems that mostly the same information is duplicated many, many times,
including two long lists of photo files in two directories repeated many
times.

View an excerpted copy of the first 300 and last 300 lines of this file here:

- - - http://www.upquick.com/temp/dead.txt - - -

- Can anyone please tell me why this file was created?

- Is there some action that I need to take as a result of information
that is revealed in this file?

- Is there any reason to save this file?  Or can it be safely deleted?

Thanks friends,

Joe