How to stop "session was locked"

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Sun Jul 15 19:46:06 MST 2012

From: joe at actionline.com
> On a new install of kubuntu, after I close the lid, and the system
> goes into suspend mode, then I open the lid again, there is an
> annoying pop-up that requires a password to "unlock" the system.
>
> What do I need to do to eliminate this?

If Kubuntu is using KDE's power management daemon (which seems reasonably
likely), then what you need to do is this:  System Settings -> Power
Management -> Advanced Settings -> make sure "lock screen on resume" is not
checked.

If this isn't what's being used, then you need to figure out what exactly is
being used, and edit its config file and/or fiddle with its GUI until it does
the right thing.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows