g++

Carruth, Rusty Rusty.Carruth at smartstoragesys.com
Tue Jul 10 09:32:36 MST 2012

Call me a <whatever>, but I like the kitchen sink editor.  Which is to
say 'emacs'.  You can even use it as something of an IDE, if you wish.
(And it has syntax highlighting, all that sort of stuff).  To compile,
just 'Macro-x compile' (IIRC, and I think I do), then you can visit each
error/warning, edit, and go to the next.  It will keep track of your
line insertions and deletions such that it will go to the next error
correctly.  If you have the x-enabled version, once your focus is inside
the compilation output window, you even have buttons for 'goto next
error', 'recompile', etc.

Others love VI/VIM/VI<whatever>.  But let's not get into a flame war
over kitchen sinks vs VI ;-)

Or one of the IDEs you mention might work also.  But beware - my (very
limitd) experience with eclipse is that it makes the kitchen sink editor
look small J

Um, you are using ubuntu?  Isn't the plugin there in synaptic?  Yeah,
there it is - eclipse-cdt.  So: "sudo apt-get install eclipse-cdt" if
you don't want to use synaptic.  (I've not used eclipse on linux, so I
have no idea if eclipse-cdt will work with g++, but I'd be a bit
surprised if it didn't)

Rusty