mint 13 on a cq57

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 23:18:56 MST 2012

Okay.... I was happily running Mint 12 when I decided to try Mint13. So I
D/L and install it, then reboot the computer. So it loads and then asks for
my password. I enter it, press return, and the stupid thing panics on me.
So I figure it was okay.... I'll just put Mint 12 back on; but try as I may
it would not reinstall! So I was freaking out but I figured I would try to
install mint 13 again. Well, I installed it, rebooted and it didn't panic.
I then ran the system update and unplugged it. Now mint 12 would panic when
it ran on the battery until I installed kernel 3.1.4. I am hoping I won't
have to install a new kernel in mate. Things in that regard are looking
quite positive! It has been on battery for about an hour now and no panic.
Moral of the story is to try a failed install more than once.
--