OT: Is it possible to make a printer wireless?

Carruth, Rusty Rusty.Carruth at smartstoragesys.com
Thu Jul 5 12:48:55 MST 2012

Yeah, I've got one of those netgear routers - too bad I don't need to
run a printer from it J

But that doesn't really solve Joe's problem.  He needs to hook the
printer to his current wireless network.  Adding another wireless
network probably won't help you, though.

I'd say you've got 2 options, or maybe 3:

1 - find an hp (or other) wireless to usb print server (assuming your
new printer is usb).

2 - figure a way to run an etherhose from the nearest network location
(assuming it's a network printer - or from the nearest network pc if
not) to the printer location (its not always as hard as you think to do
that J)

3 - get an old PC with wireless, install Linux, set it up as print
server.

Rusty